Business Development Representative
Remote - Enthusiastic – High Energy – Passionate about AI – Determined Hunter
This is a remote individual contributor role, reporting to the Manager of Business Development.
ModuleQ is a fast-growing start-up on a mission to empower people and teams through artificial intelligence. We believe that AI should complement the people using it rather than substitute them.
ModuleQ gives enterprise professionals a competitive edge with timely, personalized insights. Using our patented People-Facing AI® technology, we connect people with the information they need at the right time in order to boost their performance. The AI engages users right where they work in Microsoft Teams and Slack, so there’s no need to install yet another app. The personalized experience we deliver is so seamless and powerful that our user engagement metrics rival those of the top social media applications.
We have deep partnerships with Microsoft and the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG). Our AI powers LSEG’s new Refinitiv AI Alerts product, which LSEG’s global sales team is marketing to the world’s largest financial institutions. We work with top global companies in Financial and Professional Services and have a growing industry footprint.
We are a small but strong team looking for people who align with our values:
- Drive positive change in the world
- Put the customer first
- Treat people with respect
- Use good judgment
- Invest in our people
- Be inclusive of diverse perspectives and experience
- Over $20mm Funding from Strategic Investors, Venture firms, and Super Angels.
- 25 employees and growing
- Major Milestones
- February 2022: Microsoft and the London Stock Exchange Group announced a go-to-market partnership to bring the ModuleQ solution to market under LSEG’s Refinitiv brand.
- September 2018: ModuleQ partners with Thomson Reuters integrating their respective AI technologies to help provide proactive distribution of mission-critical business information to clients' front-line personnel.
- March 2017: ModuleQ partnered with Microsoft to seamlessly integrate its proprietary AI technology with the Microsoft Teams platform, built on Microsoft Office 365. ModuleQ’ s application for MS Teams enables front-line client-facing professionals to build more valuable business relationships by delivering relevant knowledge assets at exactly the right time.
- Active outreach to target accounts and contacts with a goal to engage them in active conversation with our sales team
- Nurture relationships over time by sharing high-value content
- Develop, maintain and curate data as required in CRM (salesforce.com)
- Research and identify target account alignment with our ICP, their incumbent vendors, relevant contacts/entry points and their lines of reporting, and the company’s strategic priorities
- Assist in promoting and driving attendance at company-sponsored events and campaigns
- Present introductory content to potential customers
- Other tasks assigned by the Manager of Business Development
- 1+ year exceptional record in a Business Development role in the enterprise B2B software space.
- Experience in the sales enablement and productivity application ecosystem is highly desirable.
- Experience as an individual contributor in a small to medium size firm or start-up is very desirable.
- Vertical market relevance: Experience and accessible relationships with enterprise customers in any of these market segments:
- Banking & Financial Services: Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Capital Markets
- Professional Services Firms: Consultants and Systems Integrators (Accenture, Deloitte, Cognizant, EY, Infosys, Wipro, etc.)
- Major Accounting Firms
- B2B Technology Companies
- Large Law Firms
- Very high energy and personal drive are essential.
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written is an absolute must.
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce.com, ZoomInfo, HubSpot
- Experience working in partnership with Microsoft in a co-sell context, and relationships with enterprise sellers is highly desirable.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter via email with the subject line "Application for BDR Role" to: firstname.lastname@example.org