Last Updated: December 7, 2022
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
If you use our Services, we collect the information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in interactive features of the Services, request customer support, provide feedback, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, and any other information you choose to provide.
Additionally, if enabled by you, our Services may analyze and collect certain information from the Office 365 tools you use such as Outlook email and calendar (“Office 365 Work Data”). Once we have derived the information necessary to provide the Services, we do not persistently store the entirety of the Office 365 Work Data. For more information about Office 365 Work Data, please visit our Terms of Service. For instructions for opting in or out of the collection of Office 365 Work Data, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including as follows:
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services. For Services provided via our website, the information may include the type and language of browser you use, the access times, pages viewed, links clicked, your IP address, your Internet Services provider (ISP), and the pages you visited before and after navigating to the Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access the Services, including the operating system and version, hardware model, and mobile network information.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information from other sources, including regarding individuals who do not use our Services. For example, ModuleQ may receive information about you if such information appears in news content or other publicly available sources of information that ModuleQ processes as part of our Services. In addition, ModuleQ may receive information about you from other users of our Services, such as when another user uploads, accesses, or stores your contact information through the Services, or from other partners and service providers.
USE OF INFORMATION
Information about you that you provide to us, that we automatically collect during your use of the Services, or that is provided to us by other users is used to provide, maintain, and improve our Services.
Information that we collect about you from other sources, including news content, is used by ModuleQ to provide Services to our customers. This information helps our customers to meet their business objectives through optimized alerts with relevant news content.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events we offer and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services; and
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With customers who use our Services. Where we provide personal data to customers as part of our Services, we only provide such personal data as is included in news content or other publicly available sources;
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including facilitating operation, access, and use of our Services, provide Services on our behalf, perform services on our behalf (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, customer relationship management vendors, and improvement of the Service's features) or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with applicable law, regulation or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our terms of service or other user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ModuleQ or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, reorganization, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- Between and among ModuleQ and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you then provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you with other third parties.
You can delete your account at any time. You can also request that we update, correct, or delete your account information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Office 365 Work Data
You can choose whether to use your Office 365 Work Data in the ModuleQ App. When you sign-up for ModuleQ App, we request that you enable AI personalization. The AI personalization is based on information derived from your Office 365 Work Data. If you do not want ModuleQ App to access and use your Office 365 Work Data, select the option to configure your preferences manually. After initial sign-up, to change your preferences, please email us at privacy@ModuleQ.com.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts through the Teams system to your device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by updating your profile settings in Teams.
Microsoft Bot Framework
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We process the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. For example, we will process personal information you have provided in connection with an account you maintain with us for the duration of our applicable contract, and may retain certain information thereafter to meet record retention obligations. Where we process information based on your consent, we will retain such information until you revoke such consent.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
ModuleQ is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
RESIDENTS OF THE EEA, UK, OR SWITZERLAND
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, or the United Kingdom (UK), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, Switzerland, or UK, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- Contract: We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., for providing the Services you have requested).
- Legal Obligation: We may be required to use information about you to comply with our legal obligations.
- Consent: You have provided consent for us to process your personal data. When our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time.
Who Controls Your Data?
ModuleQ is a data controller of the personal data we use in providing Services to our customers. Our customers who use our Services are also data controllers and are responsible for how they may use the results they obtain from our Services. Their processing notices will tell you more about how they use personal data. ModuleQ may also serve as a data processor with respect to personal data when acting on behalf of its partners, such as providing customer support to such partners’ customers.
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the EEA, Switzerland, or UK, you have the following rights, subject to certain limitations and exceptions as allowed by law:
- Access: You have the right to access the personal data we process about you.
- Correction: You have the right to ask that your personal data be corrected.
- Restriction: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, such as by limiting to storing but not further processing.
- Portability: For personal data, you provided to us, you have the right to request that we provide that data in a structure, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that data to another controller.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete personal data about you.
- Revocation of Consent: When our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke that consent.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at privacy@ModuleQ.com.
Questions or Complaints
If you are in the EEA, Switzerland, or UK and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside. For contact details of your local EEA Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.html . For Swiss residents, contact details of the Swiss data protection authority, the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact/address.html . For UK residents, information about how to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office is available here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/.
ModuleQ, Inc., Attn: Privacy, 19925 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 100, Cupertino CA 95014
VeraSafe has been appointed as ModuleQ's representative in the European Union for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. If you are in the European Economic Area, VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to ModuleQ, only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +420 228 881 031.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted in the European Union at:
VeraSafe Ireland Ltd., Unit 3D North Point House North Point Business Park New Mallow Road Cork T23AT2P Ireland
VeraSafe has also been appointed as ModuleQ’s representative in the United Kingdom for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation. If you are located within the United Kingdom, VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to or instead of ModuleQ, only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +44 (20) 4532 2003.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted in the United Kingdom at:
VeraSafe United Kingdom Ltd., 37 Albert Embankment London SE1 7TL United Kingdom